Homemade Raspberry Jam
Easy homemade Raspberry jam
Homemade raspberry jam is quick and easy to make and so much better that store brought jam.
How to make raspberry jam
Add raspberries, sugar and lemon juice to a saucepan and heat on medium, stirring frequently until sugar has dissolved.
Once sugar has dissolved bring raspberries to a boil and let simmer for 10 minutes.
Remove from heat and pour into sterilized jars.
I use frozen raspberries to make my jam it means that i have raspberries available to me anytime of the year.
You can use fresh raspberries if you have them. Fresh raspberries never last long enough in my house to get a chance to make jam.
I use a 2:1 ratio for my raspberry jam. Twice the weight of raspberries to sugar.
How to store raspberry jam
Store in the fridge for up to 4 weeks.
You can also store this raspberry jam in the freezer for up to 6 months.
- 300 g Raspberries
- 150 g Sugar white granulated
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- Add raspberries, sugar and lemon juice to a saucepan and put on a heat medium.
- Stir frequently until sugar has all dissolved and raspberries have broken down to pulp.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Leave raspberries to simmer for around 10 minutes until you jam has thicken.
- Once jam is done remove from heat and pour into sterilized jars.
If you enjoyed this recipe go check out some of my other sweet as creations