Banana Chocolate Chip Bread
SOFT BANANA BREAD WITH CHOCOLATE
Super easy homemade banana bread with chocolate chips, it’s moist and so sweet and delicious.
Great for a morning tea snack with coffee.
This banana bread recipe even went down a treat in my kid’s school lunch box, so that’s always a good sign, it might have help that there was chocolate in it.
How to make – soft moist banana chocolate chip bread
I’m all about homemade and you can’t beat homemade banana bread its so much better than any shop brought banana bread.
The trick to soft moist banana bread is to use over ripe banana.
As bananas ripen the starchy carbohydrates turns to sugar helping to keep you bread moist and soft, also by using brown sugar this will also help to keep it moist and soft.
So grab you over ripe bananas and turn on the oven and have a go at making this super simple and quick banana chocolate chip bread.
Grab a fork and a large bowl and mash the bananas, I like a few little banana lump in mine.
Add your butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla and beat together with your fork.
Sift in you flour and baking powder, add your chocolate chips and fold in with a spoon or spatula until just mixed all together .DO NOT OVER MIX
Pour into your baking pan. I used a silicon loaf pan so I did not line or grease my pan, but if you are using a stainless steel loaf tin I would recommend lining it with baking paper.
Some weeks all our bananas get eaten before a brown spot appears on them, then other weeks the bananas are ripe within days and no one will eat them so that’s when it’s time for banana chocolate chip bread. You can also sub the chocolate chips in this recipe for nuts or go half chocolate chip and half nuts for a banana chocolate nut bread.
BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD
- 120 grams Butter Melted
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 2 eggs room temp
- 2-3 bananas 2 large or 3 small
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup choc chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) fan bake
- Line your loaf pan
- In a large bowl mash the bananas with a fork.
- Add melted butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla to the bowl with the bananas and beat together with the fork.
- Sift flour and baking powder into the bowl with the wet ingredients then add chocolate chips and mix until just combined. Do not over mix
- Pour in loaf tin and fan bake for 35-40 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.
- Try and let cool for at least half an hour before cutting. (good luck)