5-Minute Microwave Chocolate Cake
5-Minute microwave chocolate cake
You can not go wrong with this 5-minute microwave chocolate cake recipe.
This delicious chocolate cake is soft and moist, it is one of the fastest and easiest chocolate cakes to make.
With a cooking time of only 5 minutes, you can be eating this cake within 15 minutes of stepping into the kitchen. That is faster than it would take to preheat your oven.
Topped with a creamy chocolate garnish this chocolate cake makes a delicious dessert.
This cake is perfect when you need to whip up a dessert or afternoon tea at the last minute.
What kind of cake pan to use?
It is very important to use a microwave safe dish. I use this silicone cake mold, but you can also use a glass microwave safe dish.
Will it only take 5 minutes to cook?
Its amazing how fast your cake will cook in the microwave. The cake will pull away from the sides of your pan and will be firm to touch on top and will spring back.
I cook my cake on 1200 watts, but every microwave may be a little different.
This cake stores well
Store in an airtight container at room temperature. This cake will still be soft and moist for up to 4-5 days.
If you do not want to use coffee in your cake you can use hot water as a substitute.
I cook my cake on 1200 watts, but every microwave is a bit different. You may need to change you cooking time by up to 30 seconds depending on you microwave.
NEED MORE SWEET AS CREATIONS? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow me on Pinterest for the latest updates.
5-minute Microwave Chocolate Cake
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ⅓ cup oil
- 150 ml hot coffee
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup dark chocolate
- ⅓ cup cream
- Line or grease a microwave cake pan. (I used a silicone cake pan and find that there is no need to grease or line it)
- Add dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk together until well combined.
- Add to you baking pan and cook in a microwave for 5 min on high – 1200watts.
- While the cake is cooking make the chocolate ganache for the cake.
- Let the cake cool for 5-10 in pan before removing.
- Once cake has cooled pour over chocolate ganache.
- Heat cream on a low heat until hot – but do not let the cream boil.
- Pour hot cream over the dark chocolate and let sit for 5 minutes to soften and melt the chocolate.
- Stir together until ganache is smooth and creamy.
- Let sit for 10 minutes to thicken up a little bit.
- Pour over cake.